Samsung usually releases major Android updates for its smartphones and tablets with a new version of its One UI software. A major Android update was first applied to the latest flagship smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S line. This means the company’s One UI 6.0 update will be based on Android 14 and will be rolling out for the first time to the Galaxy S23 series.
Starting with one user interface One UI 6.0 (Android 14) will be a major software update and will most likely include an improved software design, more personalization options, better performance, and lots of new features. It can also improve data and intent synchronization between Samsung smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, TVs, and laptops.
Google released the first Android 14 Developer Preview in February 2023. Google Preview is not available on Samsung devices. Each year the company launches its own One UI beta program. We can expect this year’s beta program to begin in Q3. As always, new Android OS updates are accompanied by a new version of One UI, and Android 14 is paired with One UI 6.0.
Samsung has simplified its software update policy to make it easier to determine which devices will receive the Android 14 One UI 6.0 update Firmware. There are many devices that can get the 4 Android OS updates right now. This means that even mods that are less than 3 years old will get updates. Check the list below to see if your device is listed.
One UI 6.0 Design and Improvements
Samsung introduced a major UI change in One UI 4.0, adding a Color Palette feature based on Material You to inspire UI color combinations for selected home screen wallpapers.
This feature has been improved in One UI 5.0, but there are no significant changes to the user interface. As such, Samsung could introduce significant UI design improvements with the One UI 6.0 update.
It’s not yet clear what user interface elements Samsung will improve in One UI 6. 0, you can see the changes on the home screen, lock screen, notification bar, quick settings area, and icons. Companies can also enhance their widgets by adding dynamic themes to more widgets.
Android 14 (One UI 6.0) Features
Google introduced an improved UI design language for large-screen devices such as foldable phones and tablets in Android 14, and Samsung may implement it in One UI 6.0. Similar to Android 14, the One UI 6.0 update allows for key changes and improved keyboard layouts and behaviors on larger screen devices. One UI 6.0 also gets smart bag gestures that greatly improve navigation between apps and the rest of the software UI.
- Google has also optimized background apps to help improve the battery life of Android smartphones and tablets.
- Samsung may incorporate these changes into its software to improve the battery life of Galaxy devices.
Samsung could also improve the user interface design of standard apps for foldable phones and tablets. You can also expect improvements to split-screen multitasking and system gestures. You can also add new features to standard apps like Phone, Messages, Calendar, Gallery, My Files, Samsung Internet, Samsung Keyboard, Built-in Image Editor, and Videos. DeX and camera apps could also be improved.
One UI 6.0 (Android 14) Release Date
Google expects to release a stable version of Android 14 sometime in August or September 2023, so Samsung expects to release the first beta version of One UI 6.0 in September or October 2023 It’s possible. Meet the Galaxy phones or tablets. Then this update could roll out to other high-end Galaxy S and Galaxy Z smartphones. The release of the One UI 6.0 update can be expected to be completed before the end of Q1 2024.
What One UI 6.0 (Android 14) will bring?
As mentioned above, the One UI 6.0 update is based on Android 14. In a nutshell, we can say that the One UI update will receive both Android features and innovations unique to Samsung. For those who want to know what One UI 6.0 will do, we provide a list of expected features below.
- Bigger fonts with non-linear scaling.
- Per-app language preferences.
- New permission for Alarms or Exact Alarms.
- Restriction to install outdated apps.
- Satellite Connectivity (because One UI 5.1 missed this one, it may come with One UI 6.0, but for high-end models only).
- Predictive Back Guester.
- Seamless update.
- Grammatical Inflection API.
- Credential Manager and Passkeys support.
Samsung Device Android 14 (One UI 6.0) update or Supported list
here are these Samsung Galaxy devices getting the update Android 14 One UI 6.0:
Galaxy S series
- Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Galaxy S23+
- Galaxy S23
- Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S22+
- Galaxy S22
- Galaxy S21 FE
- Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Galaxy S21+
- Galaxy S21
Galaxy Z series
- Galaxy Z Fold 4
- Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Galaxy Z Fold 3
- Galaxy Z Flip 3
Galaxy A series
- Galaxy A73
- Galaxy A72
- Galaxy A53
- Galaxy A52 (A52 5G, A52s)
- Galaxy A33
- Galaxy A23
- Galaxy A14
- Galaxy A13
- Galaxy A04s
Galaxy M series
- Galaxy M53 5G
- Galaxy M33 5G
- Galaxy M23
Galaxy Xcover series
- Galaxy Xcover 6 Pro
Galaxy Tab series
- Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- Galaxy Tab S8+
- Galaxy Tab S8
Download ONE UI 6.0 (Android 14) for Samsung Galaxy mobile or tablets
Note: Is the only update available for Samsung Galaxy Android 14 (OneUI 6.0) after the Samsung officially Rolls out?
Flashing Requirements for Update
This Guide is for the Samsung Galaxy software update:
- It would be best if you had a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable to flash the firmware.
- Charge your device with a minimum of 50% battery backup.
- Make sure that you have a backup of your Samsung Galaxy Phones or Tablets.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have Odin Tool Software installed on your PC.
How to Update the One UI 6.0 Firmware Android 14 on Samsung
Follow these simple steps to update your Samsung Galaxy ONE UI 6.0 devices with Firmware on Android 14:
- First, download the latest official Samsung Galaxy U-Android 14 Firmware/Flash File or stock software.
- Read Me First: You have installed Latest Samsung USB Driver?
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file. Recommended using WinRAR or 7-Zip.
- Download ODIN Software.
- Extract the Odin ZIP file.
- Open Odin and execute the file.
- Power off your phone, and go to the Download Mode Follow these simple steps;
- (hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons / hold Volume Down + Bixby buttons then plug-in cable).
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin.
- Add the 1 file of Samsung firmware to AP/PDA or 4 files of Samsung firmware (AP/BL/CP/CSC) to its slots.
- Make sure the re-partition is NOT ticked.
- Click the START button, sit back, and wait a few minutes.
Congratulations, now your Samsung Android 14 Galaxy Stock Firmware, ROM, and Flash File have been updated to the latest version, and you can check it by going to Settings, and then skipping to About device or About phone.
Chances are some of these are missing as Samsung has removed some Android features multiple times in One UI updates. If you want to know more about Android 14 features, you can check it out on our official blog.
Also Read: How to Screen Mirroring to a Samsung TV